Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Midterm Diptych


My Big Idea is emotion and my themes are color and fashion. I explored my Big Idea by watching people and observing their emotions in relation to what they’re wearing, in addition to learning colorful Photoshop techniques. Some visual cues I used are bright (Happy) colors in my left image to convey positive emotions and I used the opposite, darker (Sad) colors in my second image to express negative emotions. One strategy I used is, even though in my left image the girl has dropped both her cupcake and party invitation, it is still a more pleasant picture than the right image, despite the fact that she hasn’t dropped her things because the overcast of colors is happier. The Big Idea is important to me because I want to be a fashion designer after graduation and learning why people wear the clothes they do could help me better my designs and color choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment