Monday, May 3, 2010

Blog #2
































Link to the Honey Tutorial: http://fx.worth1000.com/tutorials/161268/161268-creating-honey-covered-objects

The tutorial was originally designed to create honey, but I wanted to change it to a strawberry syrup. I started out with a vanilla ice cream cone and ended with a strawberry ice cream cone covered in strawberry syrup. The first steps involved choosing the color balance that I wanted and selecting the areas that I wanted to be covered in the syrup. I enjoyed learning how to select with the magnetic lasso and saving selections individually. Next I blurred, highlighted and smudged the image for where the syrup was to go. Next I filled the merged selections with a deep magenta color, highlighted, burned and detailed the syrup. I had difficulty creating bubbles, so I eliminated them since I felt they didn't have a huge place in a thick strawberry syrup. Finally, I smudged and burned the new colors until I reached my final product! I actually really enjoyed learning this technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment