Monday, May 17, 2010

Blog #3



My Big Idea is emotion with underlying themes of color and fashion!

The first artist, Andy Warhol greatly appeals to me because he uses color as a main focus in all his pieces and that is my big idea, color through emotion. I love that he takes everyday items and household names and turns them into his own creations of art, all by changing the colors. I find it inspiring that he can completely change the mood and emotions of an object, such as Marilyn Monroe's face all by changing the color to a "happier" or " sadder"one, like how he chose pink or blue tones. Some of Warhol's stylists components that I would love to incorporate into my design are how he lets all the different color layers remain visible throughout a single image.

The second artist, Kate Spade also greatly appeals to me because she also uses a huge amount of color to influence the mood of her art, which is also part of my main idea, color and emotion through fashion. I enjoy that she uses normally sad times, such as rainy weather to lay the foundation for a "happy" outfit with bright positive colors. I find it inspiring that although she uses very colorful materials, she almost always has a very plain, white background for her advertisements. I would love to incorporate her streamlined look of bright colors with plain back drops into my final project.

Overall, I love both artist's use of color and stylist designs and am looking forward to incorporating it all into my last piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment