Monday, May 3, 2010

Artist's Statement

My big idea is how color can affect emotion, particularly through clothing. Everyday people have to go to their closets and decide on what to wear. For some, they choose what to wear based on how they already feel, for others their decisions are based on how they going to feel. When people go to work they wear black and darker colors that are exhibited in their business suits, and dark colored leather, but when individuals go out to a park, they choose items that are less restricting, such as a yellow tee shirt. I would love to explore how these habits are first learned and where they originated. Is it just coincidence, tradition or instinct? For my theme I want to mostly explore positive emotions such as, happiness, excitement, love and joy. I want to explore all the different hues that can evoke these emotions specifically, yellow, pink and white. I have explored my idea through my own habits and wardrobe and by watching others clothing decisions. Some visual cues and strategies that I plan to express are bright colors, smiles and anything positive. My big idea is important to me because I love color and fashion is extremely important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment